Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Reflect on assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, specific to research on ADHD and students with ADHD, in professional practice.
- Gain a deeper understanding of executive functions and ADHD characteristics at various developmental levels.
- Explore research-based interventions and treatments for ADHD.
- Design a behavior management plan to incorporate reinforcers for targeted behaviors.
- Improve instructional strategies for a direct impact on students with ADHD.
- Implement accommodations, modifications, and supports in the classroom.
- Craft a multi-sensory lesson plan to address a variety of learning modalities.
- Design an “ADHD-friendly” environment.