Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Reflect on assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, specific to best practices in teaching English language learners, in professional practice.
- Examine their own cultural beliefs, perspectives, and values that shape expectations in the classroom.
- Determine the difference between scaffolding and tiering in instruction.
- Explore ways to scaffold instruction across content areas and grade levels.
- Analyze the academic language of a text while using close reading and text dependent questions.
- Create best practice vocabulary and background knowledge activities to implement in the classroom setting.
- Generate ways to support your EL students in understanding grade level texts.