Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Reflect on assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, specific to the use of historical thinking techniques in the classroom.
- Develop instructional plans that engage students in historical investigations and improve their critical thinking skills.
- Incorporate textual analysis and evidence-based arguments into classroom instruction through the use of primary and secondary sources.
- Design relevant assessments that encourage students to think critically about the past and develop their own interpretations of historical events.
- Promote positive group work habits to maintain classroom management and support student learning.
- Create an action plan based on the use of historical thinking skills to overcome challenges and meet instructional goals.