Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Reflect on assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self.
- Examine the fundamentals of writer’s workshop and consider how implementing the process and components will enhance student outcomes.
- Identify the role of mentor texts in creating writer’s workshop curriculum and analyze text to create mini-lessons.
- Demonstrate the ability to incorporate the writer’s notebook along with writer’s workshop strategies and instructional tools.
- Employ the critical instructional and feedback component of writing conferences and create a framework and effective schedule.
- Investigate valuable resources in writer’s workshop and determine how they can enhance writer’s workshop in your classroom.