Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use provided prompts specific to anxiety, to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional educational practice.
- Explain, in writing, the signs and symptoms of anxiety including how anxiety may present itself in the classroom and how it may feel to a person with anxiety.
- Describe, in writing, the correlations between anxiety and the following: attention deficit with hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), trauma, social media, and academic stress.
- Describe, in writing, methods for use in the classroom or school to support students experiencing anxiety (mindfulness, cognitive behavior therapy (CBT), grounding, distraction).
- Design a tool, resource, or lesson to help reduce anxiety in the classroom, school, or professional role.