Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use provided prompts specific to media literacy education, to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional educational practice.
- Explain, in writing, the foundations, purpose, and methods of media literacy education.
- Summarize, in writing, ideas for implementation of course concepts with students and/or colleagues.
- Describe, in writing, strategies for teaching about fake news.
- Develop lesson plans or a professional learning activity on the topic of media literacy.