Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Develop an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a substitute teacher.
- Learn about mindsets for substitute teaching including professionalism, flexibility, and understanding.
- Gather strategies for classroom management specific to the topics of building a positive culture, ensuring belonging, and minimizing challenging behavior.
- Consider preparation methods for substitute teaching.
- Learn strategies for relationship building at the beginning of a school day or class period.
- Discover methods for facilitating lessons as provided including ideas for increasing engagement.
- Identify ways to document and reflect on the day for the teacher who was absent and for your own continuous improvement.