Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Identify depth of knowledge of the reading elements, specifically vocabulary and comprehension.
- Investigate the importance of vocabulary instruction and reading comprehension development for all students.
- Explore research-based strategies designed to support readers in vocabulary and reading comprehension.
- Select at least one new strategy to increase your students’ vocabulary development or reading comprehension.
- Reflect on the possibilities of improving your reading instruction by up-leveling the vocabulary and comprehension teaching strategies you currently use.