Specialized Training for Substitute Teachers
EQUIP is designed to level up your short call substitute teachers and give them the tools needed to succeed in the classroom.
Preparing Substitutes for Success
EQUIP helps promote short call substitute teacher effectiveness in the classroom and encourages retention by offering district support and training, leading to reliable staffing in your schools. Our EQUIP course, along with access to 1500+ exemplar videos, creates a scalable and sustainable solution for districts.
10-hour Online Course
No Textbooks Required
Certificate Upon Completion
Leveraging On-Demand Learning
EQUIP, designed for impactful, asynchronous learning, includes 24/7 access to the following:
- The 10-hour EQUIP self-paced course
- Course topics:
- The Role of the Substitute Teacher
- Mindsets (Professionalism, Flexibility, Empathy)
- Classroom Management and Behavior
- Classroom Culture, Relationships, and Belonging
- Start of Class Procedures
- Lesson Plans and Facilitation
- Learning Targets
- Engagement Methods
- End of Day Procedures
- More than 20 tools and templates for substitute teacher use (in two formats for easy printing or personalization)
- An additional module for storing district-specific documents, training videos, etc. for extra substitute support
- Teaching Channel’s ENGAGE Video Library: A robust collection of exemplary teaching and learning videos
- Course topics:
Options to Fit Your Needs
Under 100 Seats
Over 100 Seats
Looking for professional learning for long term substitute teachers? Check out Equip for New Teachers.
Are you a substitute teacher who needs training? Consider PD145: Equip for Substitutes.