Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Reflect on assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, specific to mathematics and brain research, in professional practice.
- Understand how the brain encodes, manipulates, stores, and retrieves information.
- Understand the important role the following concepts play in learning: elaborate rehearsal, primacy-recency effect, cognitive closure.
- Learn how critical number sense is in the development of math skills.
- Apply their learning and create meaningful mathematics lessons