Goals and Objectives of this Course:
As a result of participation in this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the structure behind problem behaviors, including setting, triggering antecedent(s), and function.
- Identify appropriate use of incentives, positive reinforcement and natural and logical consequences.
- Understand and apply functional behavioral assessments to create effective and efficient behavioral intervention plans.
- Review and assess case studies of students who have successfully moved through the process identified in the course text.
- Be both proactive and reactive with regards to crisis behaviors.