Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use provided prompts specific to instruction of students with disabilities to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers, and self, including how the information relates to professional educational practice.
- Design a lesson for student(s) with disabilities which includes opportunities for student choice and/or interest-based learning.
- Prepare an activity to collaborate with a co-teacher or assess student collaboration skills.
- Implement a social and emotional learning activity.
- Develop an action plan to challenge the status quo related to assessment of students with disabilities or instruction of students with disabilities.
- Document, in writing, commitments to teach to diversity and necessary improvements to specialized instruction.