Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Reflect on assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, specific to the factors beyond academics that challenge ELs and how they can be addressed.
- Apply the 6 “keys” to student growth and the teachers’ role in developing a positive learning environment from the text throughout multiple course applications.
- Find, develop, and use resources to help students and school community members understand the complex nature of learning for ELs and their potential for growth.
- Document through journaling and/or written reflection on current teaching practices to identify potential for applying a growth mindset to learning and teaching and how this can be communicated to students.
- Create a list of strategies to make student connections and ways in which your current approach can be improved.