Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Reflect on assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, specific to gifted education in professional practice.
- Understand different definitions of giftedness, and one’s own perceptions, thoughts and expectations concerning gifted education.
- Learn about students who have been defined as gifted and how this label has affected them.
- Examine the dualities of giftedness, and what it means to be Twice Exceptional (2E).
- Review the myths and realities related to giftedness.
- Identify gifted teaching strategies, supports and best practices.