Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Reflect on assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, specific to explicit instruction of reading fluency in professional practice.
- Examine the fundamentals of reading fluency and consider how planning, teaching, and assessment strategies will improve fluency development and reading comprehension for all students.
- Demonstrate the ability to incorporate fluency practice strategies in a classroom community that promotes risktaking and peer support.
- Employ the collaborative component of fluency instruction to create a framework with routines based on grade level, classroom, and student needs.
- Investigate valuable resources on reading fluency and determine how they enhance student engagement in reading and lead to improvements in overall reading comprehension.