Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Reflect on assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, specific to the use of strategic vocabulary instruction in professional practice.
- Examine the fundamentals of vocabulary instruction and consider how planning, teaching, and assessment strategies will enhance vocabulary development for all students.
- Identify the role of multisensory instruction and repeated exposure in building vocabularies.
- Demonstrate the ability to incorporate vocabulary practice strategies and daily routines using strategic practices in a classroom community that promotes risk-taking.
- Employ the critical collaborative component of vocabulary instruction to create a framework with routines based on classroom and student needs.
- Investigate valuable resources in vocabulary development and determine how they enhance student engagement, reading comprehension, and overall academic achievement in your classroom.