Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Reflect on assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, specific to assistive technology in professional practice.
- Locate and implement online assistive technology tools, apps, and resources to improve teaching and learning with reading, writing, math, and other content areas.
- Design a lesson plan which implements one or more assistive technology tools.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of a variety of assistive technology tools to be shared with colleagues.
- Locate and implement online assistive technology tools, apps, and resources to promote organizational skills, focus/attention, communication skills, and behavioral skills.
- Summarize how the Universal Design for Learning framework relates to the implementation of assistive technology.