How many times have you heard 2020 referred to as "unprecedented"? I've lost count of the number of emails, commercials, and articles I've seen that all used the exact same word. And yet, it's hard to think of one word that more sums up our collective experience over the past year.
Despite all the challenges, there's also never been a year that I was more proud to be the president of Teaching Channel. Out of all the things our team accomplished this year, I think the most important one was working to deliver impactful professional learning to teachers and educators across the globe. I want to send my personal thanks to every teacher in our community for stepping up to face the challenges of this year and continuing to work towards our common goal: to help every student learn and grow.
I hope that some of the new features and tools we've added this year have made a difference in your classroom. A few of these include:
- Partnerships with Corwin, Teach Like a Champion, and Confianza to host 13+ free webinars. Over 25,000 of you registered! If you missed any of those, you can watch all of the recordings on-demand.
- 20+ PD Express courses each of these bite-sized courses takes under two hours to complete and they are free for Teaching Channel subscribers. We added this PD library, so that teachers can get access to expert-designed professional learning no matter where they are.
- Usage of Teaching Channel Plus to observe hundreds of top educators in classrooms all over the country - even when schools closed their doors. We also saw a huge number of schools and districts upload their own rubrics to our video observation tool, so that they could continue classroom observations and coaching.
There is a lot coming in 2021 that we can't wait to share with you. Here's a sneak peek at just a few of the things we're working on:
- A revival of our popular Teaching Channel Talks podcast. Wendy Amato (our Chief Academic Officer) will be interviewing leading educators every other week. Subscribe anywhere you get your podcasts.
- More Videos! We've heard you, and we're working on creating new Teaching Channel videos across a variety of topics. Subscribing to our newsletter is the best way to hear about videos as soon as they're released.
- Our library of professional development courses is always growing. We listen to our community, so if there's a particular topic you'd like to see a course for, please contact us!
- New partnerships with leading educators means more webinars, more expert-designed courses, and more professional learning at your fingertips.
Teaching Channel's mission is simple: To be a trusted partner committed to preparing educators for a lifetime of career success, providing joy of learning, and positively impacting student achievement.
Everything we do here is centered around this statement. I hope that Teaching Channel has been a valuable partner for you in your professional learning journey. I look forward to continuing to watch, share, and learn with our community!