A few years ago, I decided to stop thinking about going back to school and instead "go forward" to it. As we get familiar with our new schedules, prepare rooms, orchestrate plans and anticipate our learners walking through the doors, let's also think about what we do at the beginning of the year to help ensure a strong finish.
Now is the time to think about the power of classroom culture, and starting on August 18th, I'll be posting a vlog (video blog) each day for 10 days, counting down how I'm planning for a year where classroom culture creates the space for learning that is engaging, inspiring and challenging… all while taking into account a standards-driven environment.
Read our most recent #TchLIVE chat archive. It was all about building classroom culture.
In This Series:
- Start with the End in Mind
- Making Sense of the Standards
- Creating Space for Learning Experiences
- Instructional Design: What are My Big Units?
- Instructional Design: What's the Conversation?
- Thinking About Physical Space
- Establishing a Purposeful Culture
- Creating Trust and Security with Your Students
- First Day Gameplan + Twitter Chat #TchLIVE
- Getting Mentally Prepared and Focused
Which article was the most helpful as you prepare to go back to school? Get in touch with us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram and let us know how you're planning to build your class culture this year!